GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY
The Roux-en-Y gastric bypass is the most commonly performed bariatric surgery in the world with around 100,000 procedures being performed each year. It combines the two types of surgery being both a restrictive and partly malabsorptive operation.
Stapling is used to create a smaller, upper stomach pouch which restricts the amount of food able to be consumed.
A portion of the small bowel is bypassed which delays food from mixing with digestive juices to avoid complete absorption.
How Much Weight Can I Lose?
You Can Expect To Lose Up To 70% of Excess Body Weight In 12 Months.*
On average, patients lose 70% with the Gastric Bypass Surgery with studies showing after 10-14 years patients have maintained 60% of excess body weight loss*.
Ready To Lose Your Excess Weight?
*Individual results may vary. Refer to our disclaimer
How Does Gastric Bypass Surgery Help Me Lose Weight?
The Gastric Bypass Surgery helps you lose weight in these ways:
- Dramatic weight loss results in under 12 months
- Weight loss results expected to last up to 2 years or more
- Best for co-morbidity diseases due to accelerated weight loss results
See How Gastric Bypass Surgery Can Help You
What Does Weight Loss Surgery Cost?
The costs of having weight loss surgery are made up of a number of sources:
- Hospital charges for bed stay
- Hospital charges for operating theatre session
- Equipment used in the operating theatre session. This includes the gastric band itself or for other weight loss operations, the stapling devices.
- Professional fees charged by the surgeon, anaesthetist and assistant
For an estimate of total costs, the best way is to contact us directly for a discussion of your particular circumstances and insurance coverage.
Find Out How Weight Loss Surgery Can Help You
Am I A Good Candidate For Weight Loss Surgery?
Guidelines for obesity surgery are fairly rigid. They are established by obesity surgical societies (OSSANZ and IFSO) and government bodies (National Institutes of Health) to ensure the safety and efficacy of the operations.
You may be a candidate if:
- You are more than 40kg above your ideal weight
- Your BMI is above 40kg/m2 or,
- Your BMI is above 35 and you have a medical condition associated with obesity (co-morbidity)
Check with our BMI Calculator to see if you qualify for weight loss surgery.