Which Weight Loss Surgery Options Are Best For Me?
You are probably wondering what your options are for losing weight if you’re overweight or morbidly obese. There are a few types of weight loss surgery, often referred to as Bariatric Surgery, that could work for you. The most common type of bariatric surgery and our most popular is the Gastric Sleeve Surgery.
We specialise in all forms of keyhole obesity surgery to help you lose weight if dieting has failed to produce sustained results.
GASTRIC SLEEVE SURGERY
MOST POPULAR! The latest in weight loss surgery that produces rapid weight loss. Ideal for patients classified as morbidly obese.
GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY
An alternative weight loss surgery to the gastric sleeve for those who may prefer a reversible option.
Has your obesity surgery failed or have you regained weight? This is for you!
GASTRIC LAP BAND
Once the most popular obesity surgery but now superseded by the more effective Gastric Sleeve Surgery.
Find Out How Weight Loss Surgery Can Help You
The Patient Journey Through Obesity Surgery
MEET WITH YOUR SURGEON
POST-OP SUPPORT & CHECKUPS
ENJOY YOUR NEW LIFE!
What Does Weight Loss Surgery Cost?
The costs of having weight loss surgery are made up of a number of sources:
- Hospital charges for bed stay
- Hospital charges for operating theatre session
- Equipment used in the operating theatre session. This includes the gastric band itself or for other weight loss operations, the stapling devices.
- Professional fees charged by the surgeon, anaesthetist and assistant
For an estimate of total costs, the best way is to contact us directly for a discussion of your particular circumstances and insurance coverage.
Am I A Good Candidate For Weight Loss Surgery?
Guidelines for obesity surgery are fairly rigid. They are established by obesity surgical societies (OSSANZ and IFSO) and government bodies (National Institutes of Health) to ensure the safety and efficacy of the operations.
You may be a candidate if:
- You are more than 40kg above your ideal weight
- Your BMI is above 40kg/m2 or,
- Your BMI is above 35 and you have a medical condition associated with obesity (co-morbidity)
Check with our BMI Calculator to see if you qualify for weight loss surgery.